Some people have regular hobbies like reading, playing sports, or whatever normal hobbies look like. We on the other hand go to model homes, second hand shops in small towns and antique shops. Yesterday we went for a routine drive to Costco and ended up in six beautiful model homes just outside of Barrie in the Township of Springwater. There are a couple of builders in the town, one a high end custom home builder S L Witty Homes (visited previously – AMAZING and unique with above average lots) and Stonemanor Woods created by two builders from the GTA, Tribute Communities and Yorkwood Homes. I captured a bunch of awesome shots to share some inspirational and beautiful design with you. This is not my work but I can only continue to study and aspire to become as creative and knowledgeable as the minds that were responsible for this decor. Prices range from $380k – $700k, with lot sizes ranging from 42′ – 62′ wide. There are bungalows and two-storey designs that offer some great layouts. I get the impression that the design team along with the architects really thought of family living and elevated the layouts to be refreshing, new and practical. All of the models are fully furnished and showcase top notch styles ranging from modern to traditional. I’m not an official critic however we have a ton of moving experience and we sleep, breathe and live anything to do with residential properties, decor and creative ideas.
*All photos taken with my phone so excuse the poor quality.
Some key points I noticed while going through the models:
– No shortage of natural light,
– Open concept main living areas,
– Large kitchens with ample storage,
– Very practical placement of office nooks in main living areas. Critical for the “plugged-in” family culture,
– Spacious laundry rooms,
– Bedroom placement allows for privacy,
– Wide layout vs. long and narrow. This really really changes the entire feel of the home,
– Great lot sizes with decent depths,
– Last but certainly not least. FRESH AIR! Living up north is simply the best.
On to the pretty spaces now.
I know, I know that’s a lot of photos!! But believe me I have more, these ones just happened to make the cut.
Thanks for following along…and remember – Inspiration is Everywhere!!